The vision of M-POHL is to enhance health literacy in the WHO European Region by ensuring the availability of high-quality and internationally comparative data to support evidence-informed political decisions and targeted practice interventions. As described in its Concept Note and the Vienna Statement on the Measurement of Population and Organizational health literacy in Europe, M-POHL’s ambitious aims are to:
- support health literacy by strengthening the collaboration between research and policy,
- address the personal health literacy among general population and patients,
- institutionalize regular, high-quality internationally comparative population health literacy surveys,
- address health literacy-friendliness of systems and organizations,
- support collection and analysis of data on organizational health literacy (health literacy-friendly structures and processes), and
- foster evidence-informed policy and practice.